In this tutorial we will be assigning additional templates to menu items in Joomla 1.5. This will allow us to have a different look and feel for different areas of the site.
- Begin by navigating to Extensions > Template Manager.
- Select the template you want to assign.
- And click the Edit button.
- Change the Menus option to Select from List and select the menu item(s) to assign the template to.
- The click Save.
- We can now see there is a checkmark under the Assigned column for our template.
Let's go to the frontend and see how it looks.
- Click the menu item the template was assigned to.
- We can see that the template has changed accordingly.